- How It Works
Growth & Transformation
Build leaders that accelerate team performance and engagement.BetterUp Care™
A growth approach to mental fitness and organizational health.Diversity & Inclusion
Foster a culture of inclusion and belonging.Sales Performance
Transform your business, starting with your sales leaders.
- For Individuals
Best practices, research, and tools to fuel individual and business growth.Events
View on-demand BetterUp events and learn about upcoming live discussions.Blog
The latest insights and ideas for building a high-performing workplace.Research
Innovative research featured in peer-reviewed journals, press, and more.
Chevron uses coaching to develop global leaders at scale
Chevron has been one of the most successful energy companies in the world, despite operating in a very challenging cyclical environment. Despite swings in energy prices and demand, the company believes strongly in delivering energy for human progress with the lowest possible carbon footprint, environmental impact, and a positive effect on society.
In this report, The Josh Bersin Company analyzes how Chevron develops its leaders around the world by delivering coaching at scale through its partnership with BetterUp. In this report, you will learn:
- How Chevron revamped its performance management process that would address challenges faced by all employees
- The way Chevron scaled coaching access to first include frontline managers, then further expanded deeper into the organization
- Key topics for coaching including feedback, resilience, listening, and psychological safety
By delivering coaching at scale to leaders, Chevron BetterUp members have reported:
- 18% increase in psychological safety
- 10% increase in social connection and belonging
- 94% agree that coaching makes them more effective at their jobs